We're working with a global manufacturing firm who are seeking an experienced Buyer to join their Antrim based team on a 6 month contract with the possibility for extension. Reporting to the procurement manager the Buyer will play an important role in the purchasing department of a industry leading manufacturing firm.
Your day to day:
- Ensuring that specified purchasing procedures are followed and appropriate accurate record are maintained
- Continually seeking improvements in purchasing procedures and methods employed in line with the company's strategic growth plans
- To work closely with Design Engineering & Supplier Project Management in particular, in preparing new RFQ packs for issuance to prospective suppliers
- Management of all communications, including technical and commercial, relating to RFQs issued
- Help in preparing Supplier selection Matrices for presenting to, & approval by Sourcing Council
- Negotiating the keenest prices at the best quality in all dealings with suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers on a daily basis and develop strong supplier partnerships
- Managing material costing and all associated material aspects on nominated customer programs
- Working closely with the materials control department in assuring the timely supply of materials into the company
- 3rd level qualification in engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT knowledge
For a chat about the position or for a confidential conversation about finding your next role give me a call- 02890994111 and ask for Ben.
We are unable to advertise all our current vacancies please check our website www.blackfoxsolutions.co.uk for the full list of our roles. If you are unsure about a role or would like information or advice get in touch to discuss how to take your career forward.