Belfast (Travel to London required)
We're working with a leading NI construction firm with significant contracts in England who are seeking to bring on an experienced SHEQ Officer to join their team who will be responsible for co-ordinating and implementing the safety, health and environment aspects of the Company's integrated management system.
Your day to day:
- Contribute to the Company's SHE commitments in the highlighting and promoting best practice.
- Ensure Construction Health & Safety Plans are in place prior to the commencement of the project.
- Monitor and review regular site performance through weekly inspections and audits, including assessment of all Risk Assessments and Method Statements ensuring Company policies and procedures are implemented appropriately.
- Agree remedial action with site management on any non-conformance and carry out follow up review to ensure the appropriate implementation has taken place.
- Ensure C.O.S.H.H. Registers are maintained on site.
- Advise and when requested assist the Site Management Teams with best practice in the implementation of the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
- Assist monthly health and safety meetings (project specific).
- Assist and participate in the delivery of safety, health and environment toolbox talks and bespoke training on site.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role, including the carrying out of Risk Management, Site Inspections and Investigations
- Previous experience in providing information for tender submission
- Experience conducting and presenting training - ability to carry out an effective training module
- Preparing and presenting reports to Management
- Educated to Degree level or HNC/D or BTEC in a relevant area or candidates with a substantial amount of industry experience
- CSR Card or CSCS
- NEEBOSH Construction
For a chat about the position or for a confidential conversation about finding your next role give me a call- 02890994111 and ask for Ben.
We are unable to advertise all our current vacancies please check our website www.blackfoxsolutions.co.uk for the full list of our roles. If you are unsure about a role or would like information or advice get in touch to discuss how to take your career forward.